About Brand Momentum
BMI is an enduring market leader in quality and innovation where employee and client aspirations are realized in a fun culture. We deliver on our promises to our clients and people; we will do it with a passionate and innovative approach providing flexibility and value … ALWAYS!
We are all about integrity, respect, empowerment, commitment, fun, flexibility while being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic SALES AND MERCHANDISING TEAM LEAD. The SRSM will support the execution of client business initiatives within a defined sales territory. As the SRSM, you will have responsibility for managing a team of independent merchandisers in a number of Walmart Canada stores. In addition, you will onboard, coach, train and support all merchandisers within a defined territory. This role will require you, in addition to your local responsibilities, to be out in the market approximately 90% of the time with merchandisers to ensure delivery of the required objectives identified by the clients. Ultimately the candidate will be reporting directly into the Regional Sales and Merchandising Manager – Ontario.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Execute brilliant in-store conditions by competing the core fundamentals of this role:
- Clean Bulk Section
- Accurately order product to keep section full at all times + maintain a sufficient level of backroom stock of quick moving SKU’s
- Fill bulk section + Joes Tasty Traveler gondola with all available inventory
Build relationships with in-store staff to mutually succeed and drive sales:
- Increase store level support in your absence
- Continual acceptance of order shipments
- Ordering of all tools – signage, bins, bags, tags, pencils, etc.
Support Team Leaders by providing store level insights that can be leveraged across the banner
Provide support to Independent Contractors or surrounding stores in your agreed to coverage area:
- Vacancy coverage
- Job shadowing
- Onboarding / Coaching Support
- Seasonal coverage + elevated merchandising support needs
- Provide performance updates to Team Leaders to drive additional support needs
- Some Sales experience, including consumer-packaged goods with exposure to major customers
- Must be computer literate including familiarity with Outlook, Word.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must demonstrate drive and passion, be a forward thinker, creative and have interest in coaching / supporting others.
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to understand key business drivers
- Solid interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with proven organizations skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Thrives in a fast paced and ever changing environment with the ability to multi-task and realign objectives on the move
- Proven sales and territory management skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Creativity and Innovation
- Results Driven
-The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of sales experience with merchandising and / or consumer packaged goods.
-Ability to understand and communicate or design sales reports; as well as business acumen.
-Key requirements include having a positive and outgoing personality, outstanding communication skills, and a high level of attention to details. Ability to influence collaborative relationships and make tough decisions when required.
-The candidate must be computer literate and be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. An in-depth knowledge of sales and merchandising principles for developing and evaluating personnel purposes will be a great asset.
-Strong computer literacy skills; ability to use email with proper connotations.
-A reliable vehicle as well as a smart phone are necessary requirements to execute this role.
-Holding your team and yourself accountable with all of the above responsibilities.