Merchandising Specialist Opportunity – For Major CPG Client
About the Position
Brand Momentum is currently looking for a detail orientated and Merchandising Specialist to work independently at Port Elgin, 19 hours a week.
About Brand Momentum
We are a national integrated Sales, Marketing, and Retail solutions agency with two headquarters, one in Toronto and one in Montreal. We deliver authentic and enduring human connections, and we are led by a talented team and supported by a network of trusted partners. Rooted in Goodness, Brand Momentum is a three-time winner of Canada’s top 100 Best Workplace® and one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies.
About Our Culture
Goodness is at the heart of everything we do. Brand Momentum (BMI) is an enduring market leader in quality and innovation. We deliver on our promises to our clients and each other, and we do it with passion, innovation and a commitment to excellence. Every single day we live our values of integrity, respect, empowerment, commitment, fun, flexibility and fiscal responsibility while putting our valued clients at the center of every decision we make.
You are an experienced professional who has a strong work Ethic, can work independently and has an eye for details. You are well organized, enjoy fast paced work environment and love building strong business relationships. If you have experience and enjoy working in a food store this is an advantage. You must have a smartphone and access to the internet.
• Performing merchandising tasks at one or two retail stores
• Maintain sections including proper rotation, restocking and ensuring distribution of all products
• Addressing and ordering any out of stock issues
• Planograms and schematics (“POG”) compliance
• Securing additional/incremental off shelf displays
• Cleaning our sections: Ensure that equipment always meets food safety requirements. This will include sanitizing specific equipment on which food products are shelved, dusting display fixtures, and in general, ensuring that the food products we are selling are well presented to shoppers
• Replacing and/or repairing fixtures as required and placement of POP materials including shelf tags and signage
• Placing product orders and working with supplier to ensure the order is placed.
• Promoting special buying opportunities, displays and new products.
• Perform any necessary POG changes as well as making recommendations with department on adjustments to maximize sales.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with department personnel and store management.
• Submit daily required visit reports / call reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Your home location is preferably located within 10 KM of our retail store (by car preferred or public transport)
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs - Previous merchandising experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Able to commit to the length of the contract
- Have a smartphone and access to the internet
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs, to the extent required by law.