Merchandising Specialist Opportunity – For Major CPG Client
About the Position
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic TEAM LEAD SALES AND MERCHANDISING – Ottawa + Ottawa area. The TLSM will support the execution of client business initiatives within a defined sales territory.
About Brand Momentum
We are a national integrated Sales, Marketing, and Retail solutions agency with two headquarters, one in Toronto and one in Montreal. We deliver authentic and enduring human connections, and we are led by a talented team and supported by a network of trusted partners. Rooted in Goodness, Brand Momentum is a three-time winner of Canada’s top 100 Best Workplace® and one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies.
About Our Culture
Goodness is at the heart of everything we do. Brand Momentum (BMI) is an enduring market leader in quality and innovation. We deliver on our promises to our clients and each other, and we do it with passion, innovation and a commitment to excellence. Every single day we live our values of integrity, respect, empowerment, commitment, fun, flexibility and fiscal responsibility while putting our valued clients at the center of every decision we make.
As the TLSM, you will have responsibility for managing the sales and merchandising for one or more Walmart stores. In addition, you will onboard, coach, train and support other merchandisers within a defined territory. This role will require you, in addition to your local responsibilities, to be out in the market approximately 50% of the time with new merchandisers to ensure delivery of the required objectives identified by the clients.
Scope of responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of sales experience with consumer packaged goods.
Key requirements include having a positive and outgoing personality, outstanding communication skills, and a high level of attention to details. Ability to influence collaborative relationships and make tough decisions when required.
The candidate must be computer literate and be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. An in-depth knowledge of sales and merchandising principles for developing and evaluating personnel purposes will be a great asset.
Some travel will be required to support the field team.
A reliable vehicle as well as a smart phone are necessary requirements to execute this role.
Interested candidates must send their resume along with a cover letter at:
Job: Team Lead Sales and Merchandising
Primary Location: Ottawa
Organization: Brand Momentum Inc
Status: Full-time/ Permanent
• Performing merchandising tasks at one or two retail stores
• Maintain sections including proper rotation, restocking and ensuring distribution of all products
• Addressing any out of stock issues
• Planograms and schematics (“POG”) compliance
• Securing additional/incremental off shelf displays
• Cleaning our sections: Ensure that equipment always meets food safety requirements. This will include sanitizing specific equipment on which food products are shelved, dusting display fixtures, and in general, ensuring that the food products we are selling are well presented to shoppers
• Replacing and/or repairing fixtures as required and placement of POP materials including shelf tags and signage
• Placing product orders and working with supplier to ensure the order is placed.
• Promoting special buying opportunities, displays and new products.
• Perform any necessary POG changes as well as making recommendations with department on adjustments to maximize sales.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with department personnel and store management.
• Submit daily required visit reports / call reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Your home location is preferably located within 5 KM of our retail store (by car preferred or public transport)
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs - Previous merchandising experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Able to commit to the length of the contract
- Have a smartphone and access to the internet