We are looking to fill the role of part-time In-Store Chocolatier for our Lindt Chocolate Shop, HBC Rideau location. The ideal candidate will be responsible to represent the Lindt & Sprungli within the Retail Chocolate Shop as well as at public relations, trade show and media events if required. The Chocolatier is responsible for growing awareness of the Lindt brand, educating consumers and enhancing brand equity through in store and at events.
Direct to Consumer
- Host and execute promotional chocolate events in store. Events activities include, but are not limited to sensory training, sharing of product knowledge, culinary techniques, and chocolate demonstrations for consumers.
- Participate in demos and optimize selling opportunities, sales presence and consistency through education and the modeling of effective sales methods.
- Differentiate Lindt from the competition through in-store store presence, unique product knowledge and added “cachet.”
- Responsible for explaining Quality control processes to the consumer; explain what differentiates Lindt’s quality standards from the competition.
- Serves as a primary contact for retail store staff in addressing product related questions and concerns; ensure important issues are escalated and addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Receive constructive feedback from the store staff and consumers and communicate to the appropriate responsible, corporate individuals to ensure all marketing and quality related concerns and/or opportunities are addressed or optimized in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for facilitating product training to in-store staff; ensure staff understands features and benefits of Lindt products, giving them the knowledge to optimize Lindt store selling methods.
- Represent Lindt at PR Events, trade shows, media events and in store events. Some events including TIFF, Rogers Cup and Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Work with in store Lindt Chocolatiers to reinforce Lindt product quality, ensure standard operating guidelines and execution of in store activities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Retail to generate new product ideas for the Retail locations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Completion of Baking and Pastry Arts program
- Must have experience in chocolate confectionary, ideally with professional training and Education in the teaching/training in chocolate making and recipe creation.
- Previous experience in CPG industry, preference for Retail or Foodservice.
- Comprehensive product knowledge and superior presentation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and develop relationships with new and existing trade/media contacts.
- A passion for chocolate