Brand Momentum is currently looking for an experienced Sales and Merchandising Specialist to work in the Port Alberni, Comox, Courtenay, Duncan and Parksville area.
Job type: Part-time - 18/20 hours/week
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented with a passion for driving success at the retail level.
We are all about relationship building and leading the CPG market and so are you. You are customer-centric and are always focused on exceeding client expectations. As a natural problem solver, you see a challenge as an opportunity. You are extremely organized and proactive in nature. The ability to get ahead of things is second nature to you and keeping current with effective merchandising practices is just what you do. Anything less than adding value simply does not enter your consciousness.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor, discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products and price changes
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing an optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call reports by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
- Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of the special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Access to a vehicle MANDATORY
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Great communication and selling skills
- 6 months - 1-year previous sales and merchandising experience (CPG, third party experience, strong sales background considered an asset)
Thank you for your interest in the position. Due to the large volume of applicants, only those pre-selected will be contacted.